14 Ekim 2008 Salı

I love her:)



hi all,
I wanna talk about one of my favorite authors. Her name is Elif Şafak. She was born in Strazburg in 1971. She is a well educated author and her first story book is ''Kem Gözlere Anadolu'' and her first novel is ''Pinhan'' written in 1997 and was awarded with 1998 Major Mevlana Award. Then she wrote her second book ''Şehrin Aynaları'' in 1999. She was known with ''Mahrem'' which was awarded by Union of Authors of Turkey then ''Bit Palas'' and ''Araf'' came and the latter one was written in english .But her breakthrough is ''Baba ve Piç''. This book is about turkish-armenian relationships and she was sued for violation of laws but then it is understood that she didn't do anything like this. Her last book is ''Siyah süt''and it is about a little bit difficulties of being mum, the other personalities in us, some superstitions etc. Well, I read ''Mahrem'' ''Bit Palas'' ''Araf'' ''Baba ve Piç'' and ''Siyah Süt''. What most I like in her writing style is that she firstly writes about different events, characters, places etc. and then associates them and it baffles readers and of course I like her smooth style which let me read her book quickly and so I love her and I hope meeting her but where???? Well anything can happen anytime or anywhere so who knows maybe one day the fate will confront me and her....:)

Your Sincerely....

3 yorum:

şule dedi ki...

i read her BABA VE PİÇ when these spekulations were being made and that was my first time i read her.it was because of curiosity:)but i loved her!!her style was perfect and i couldn't understood why all people were against her.i think people must think twice before prejudice someone..thank you..:))

Ezgi Deveci dedi ki...

Hey =) good to hear and read your thoughts about Her.But you should read ARAF.I can say it is the best of Her!

nihaningezileri dedi ki...

hmm i want to read this novel too and i want to read "siyah süt". I try to read the column of Elif Şafak in the newspaper of Zaman. I like her style