17 Aralık 2008 Çarşamba

P.S I love you...





P.S I LOVE YOU…
I can say that it is one of the most emotional novel I have ever read. Its author is Cecelia Ahern. She was born in 1981 in Ireland and she has been an author since 2004 and P.S I Love You is her first novel. It became a bestseller for 19 weeks in Ireland and some other countries. It is about a life of a woman who lose her husband from an ilness and her husband’s letters for an each mounth after his death. Holly, the main character, loves his husband so much and Gerry, her husband loves her too. Nobody knows Holly better than Gerry and when Gerry know he will die, He wrote 10 letters to Holly and these letters will guide her. Because he knows Holly will be in a great grief after his death and she must know life goes on. This letters includes some tasks that Holly has to do. For example one of them says to Holly that she must find a job and learn how to make money. But her best friend and mother start to worry about Holly ‘cos they think she will stick to past and will be upset but Gerry’s letters take her to the future and teach her how to live without him and to stand on her own feet.

SOME OF THE CHARACTERS IN BOOK

Holly Kennedy- the main character
Gerry Clarke- Holly’s late husband
Sharon McCarthy- Holly’s best friend
Denise Connoly- Holly’s friend
Elizabeth Kennedy- Holly’s mother
Frank Kennedy- Holly’s father

In this book I like most Gerry’s letters to his wife. ‘cos they teach something readers about life. One of them says to Holly ‘’ Honey you will go to a karaoke pub and sing a song’’ but her voice is so bad and she doesn’t have an ear for music. Here he wants her to gain self-confidence and discover the potential talent in her.



I think about the parts that aren’t clear for me but the book is an easy book to read and doesn’t have complicated parts maybe while reading, you mix the characters. Well I think the book was written for teenagers and the author tries to give some advices about standing on your own feet. The language the author uses is very easy to understand and it has an smooth style and doesn’t have so much vocabulary. The organization of book is from past to future and it makes the understanding simple. In addition, this book has an important place in me because it is the first book my beloved gave me....

1 yorum:

nurten çelikkol dedi ki...

I haven't know that this is a novel. Because i watched it only and heard nothing about the novel. I am sure that reading the novel will be more touchy. Thanks:))